Food cravings can be difficult when we start changing up our way of eating, but with recipes like this Egg Roll in a Bowl, we can still enjoy some of our favorite flavors and textures.
This recipe is easy to throw together and tastes just like the filling of an egg roll. Toasted sesame seeds and lightly cooked cabbage give this bowl a great crunch, too!
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 5 Green Onions, sliced on a bias (white and green parts)
- 1 pound Ground Pork
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or Garlic Chili Sauce, more to taste (omit or use a compliant brand if needed)
- 14-ounce bag Coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Aminos or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, and white portion of the green onions. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the ground pork, ground ginger, sea salt, black pepper, and Sriracha. Sauté until the pork is cooked through.
- Add the coleslaw mix, coconut aminos, and rice wine vinegar. Sauté until the coleslaw is tender.
- Top with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.