It’s November, a time where we like to focus on gratitude and being truly appreciative for what we have.
There’s no better way to show that, then by helping other people in need.
Your challenge this week is to sign up to volunteer, donate, or in some way give back to our local community.
There are people right here in our town that could use our help!
Here are a few ideas to get you started: (FIT PROS: You may want to link to a local organization(s) where people can get involved!)
- Serve food at our local homeless shelter or food bank
- Sign up for building a home at Habitat for humanity
- Volunteer to clean up the side of a busy road where you live
- Volunteer or donate money to a local animal shelter
- Visit a local senior home and teach a free “Sit & Be Fit” workout
- Donate clothes or furniture to Salvation Army or Goodwill
And you know what could be really great?! Get a few of your friends together for a “give-back” afternoon!
If you each contribute a little money, you can afford to buy a few blankets, hats, and gloves at Wal-Mart (and maybe even a sandwich also!). Then, you can all go and hand them out to people in need during the cold weather.
You don’t need to join any organization to be able to do that- and I guarantee you will make an impact on their lives and in your own.
Are you in for this challenge!? Let us know in a comment below!
If you’d like to share what you’ll be doing, maybe someone else in here would be able to join you!