With December sneaking up on us out of nowhere, juggling holiday parties and busy schedules can mean skimping on eating our best. It’s crucial to nourish ourselves with meals that not only ignite our taste buds but also provide the essential nutrients our bodies crave. Amidst the joyous chaos, this Kale Butternut Squash Frittata steps in as a wholesome savior. Packed with the goodness of butternut squash’s natural sweetness, the robust earthiness of kale, and the aromatic touch of sage, this frittata is a celebration of flavors and nutrition.
In the midst of holiday gatherings and indulgent feasts, ensuring each meal is a well-rounded source of vitamins, minerals, protein, fats, water, and carbohydrates becomes paramount. The simplicity of this frittata recipe embodies the essence of convenience and health—a timely reminder that nourishing our bodies doesn’t need to be complicated.
Let’s dive into this recipe’s nutrient-packed ingredients that help to harmonize your hormone equilibrium so that you’ll savor every bite even more:
Butternut Squash: Rich in vitamins A and C, elevate your immune system and skin health as you indulge in the sweet, nutty flavor of this seasonal fave. Vitamins A and C are also known antioxidants that play a crucial role in supporting the body’s hormone synthesis and overall endocrine function.
Kale: A bone-strengthening green superhero, kale is packed with antioxidants, fiber, and an abundance of vitamins. The presence of nutrients like vitamin K and folate in kale contributes to hormonal balance, aiding in processes crucial for women’s health.
Garlic: FIlled with immune-boosting and heart-health benefits. Garlic also contains allicin, a compound that may positively influence hormone levels, supporting a harmonious balance within the body.
Fresh Sage: Invoke the essence of the holidays with fresh sage, bringing not only its aromatic charm but also antioxidants and anti-inflammatory goodness – and supports cognitive function.
Eggs: Infuse your frittata with muscle-loving proteins and brain-boosting choline. Choline, is essential for the synthesis of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that plays a role in hormonal regulation, contributing to your overall well-being.
(Tip: Go organic if it’s possible!)
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Butternut Squash (seeds removed, cubed)
- 1 cup Kale Leaves (chopped)
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 1/2 tsps Fresh Sage (chopped)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 4 Cage Free Organic Eggs (whisked)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (205ºC).
- Heat the oil in an oven-safe pan over medium heat. Add the butternut squash and sauté for about five minutes. Add the kale, garlic, sage, salt, and pepper. Sauté for another minute and add the whisked egg into the pan. Transfer the pan into the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through. Slice and enjoy!